Thanks to the many people that participated on the first Openbravo community survey.
I would like to share with you some of the main conclusions:
· 50.77% of respondents work for micro SME companies
· 47,69% of respondents are people related to information technology or software developers
· 52.31% of respondents have have less than 1 year of experience using ERPs
· 33.85% of respondents never worked in an open source community before
· The main areas of planned contributions of the respondents are participating in the forums and doing localizations
· 81.54% of of respondents use PostgreSQL
These results helps us to better understand the background and objectives of our community members.
Regarding Openbravo ERP product feedback, we got the following results (been 5 the maximum):
· How do you rate Openbravo ERP's extensibility capabilities? 3,2 (Absolute deviation 0,82)
· How do you rate Openbravo ERP's customisation capabilities? 3,35 (Absolute deviation 0,96)
· How do you rate Openbravo ERP's installation? 3,31(Absolute deviation 0,98)
· How do you rate Openbravo ERP's functionality? 3,55 (Absolute deviation 0,67)
· How do you rate Openbravo ERP's documentation? 2,5 (Absolute deviation 1,04)
· How do you rate Openbravo ERP's quality? 3,45 (Absolute deviation 0,81)
· How do you rate Openbravo ERP's performance? 3,16 (Absolute deviation 0,81)
· How do you rate Openbravo ERP's ease of use? 3,29 (Absolute deviation 1,00)
· How do you rate Openbravo ERP's ease of contributing? 3,17 (Absolute deviation 0,86)
· How do you rate Openbravo ERP's business value? 3,73 (Absolute deviation 0,73)
· How do you rate your overall satisfaction with Openbravo ERP's? 3,56 (Absolute deviation 0,8)
I would like to comment on some of these results:
· Installation used to be a major area of complaints for Openbravo ERP due to the number of components that are part of his stack and are needed to run the application. The installation process was enhanced when we licensed BitRock technology for Openbravo installers. We created also more documentation for the installation process, that many people helped us to enhance. The use of virtual images for evaluation also helped to easy the evaluation process. With Openbravo 2.40 we have fixed many small issues with the installer, that should help to rise the user's level of satisfaction.
· We know that documentation is a weak point of the product. Openbravo has been lately working a lot on this area and the community has played an important role. We have recently opened a full time position to put our documentation in good shape.
· We are very happy with the product quality results of the survey. There is no doubt that this has been one of the major areas of improvement during last year. Much better processes in place, the acceptance test or the opening of the Quality Assurance to our community. We are already in the process to deploy a more powerful bug tracking system that will allow us have a better control on Quality Assurance issues. We invite you to participate in the Quality Assurance efforts and assure that the bugs that are critical for you get fixed.
· Regarding extensibility capabilities that is going to be one of the major areas of improvements for Openbravo 2.50, specially on terms of plugins, verticals and its packing. We will shortly be sharing our plans regarding this.
· Regarding easy of contributing is something that we have still to work hard. We have the contributor's guide and some good process in place and a Forge collaboration platform coming in the next months, but still there are many things to do.
That's all for now. If you have any comments or suggestion please comment on!